|Be extra cautious of people who make up reasons for why they suddenly can't meet in person and pressure you to decide fast, especially if shipping to a foreign country is involved.
What follows are a number of tips and techniques you should keep in mind to protect yourself and your privacy online, whether you are using Mycitypostings.com or some other site on the Internet. As always, the best protection is to use good judgment and trust your instincts.
Note: We do not provide any sort of Purchase Protection Program for any item listed on our site. All transactions must be handled between the seller and the buyer directly – Mycitypostings.com does not “validate” listings, offer escrow services, or receive/hold payment for advertisers. If a seller is claiming to sell his/her vehicle or item through any such program, please forward the email correspondence to us (info@Mycitypostings.com) along with any other information that will aid our investigation. We also recommend you stop all communication with the seller.
|• Don't send money to someone you haven't met in person
• Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe
• Tell a friend or family member where you're going
• Cash is often the safest and easiest way to pay for online classified merchandise - simple and secure.
• Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions! Item condition, history, more photos
• Never wire money
• Use common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
|• Beware of checks. It takes a few weeks for your bank to notify you that you deposited a fake check. It's best to go to the bank with the buyer and get a cashier's check issued in person.
• Be honest when placing the Ad, Photos should be current
• Stay local! Be very suspicious if you cannot meet the buyer in person. Classified transactions are exponentially more secure when dealing locally.
• Don't accept checks sent to you for purposes other than salary.
• Be cautious when it comes to work-from-home opportunities, especially ones that don't require experience or time.
• Be cautious of opportunities that require you to pay for materials or supplies.
• Figure out if the company is legitimate through the Better Business Bureau (for US-based companies) or WHOIS/Domain Tools.
|• Never send or accept any payment before seeing the place and meeting the landlord.
You can learn more or report suspected fraud as indicated:
. Contact your local law enforcement agency.
. FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
. FTC online complaint form (www.ftc.gov)
. Internet Fraud Complaint Center (www.ifccfbi.gov)
If you know of or suspect fraud by one of our advertisers or users please let us know at once by shooting us an email at email@example.com